Joy is ill and I'm very much afraid she's not going to make it through the night. She began throwing up yesterday evening and continued to do so during the night. I rushed her to the vet for the second time this morning. They tested her for parvo and it was negative. They sent me home with anti-nausea drugs and assurances that she would be alright, but to bring her back if the vomiting continued.
She did better this afternoon, but as the evening continues, she seems to be slipping and nothing I'm doing seems to be working. I've given her Nutri-Cal (a paste made up karo syrup, water and various vitamins) and tiny amounts of Pedialyte. She continues to vomit sporadically and is growing unsteady on her feet. I've just given her some more medicine. I am heartbroken.
My Dad (who is well-to-do) took a wild hair and sent us a little money with no explanation; he has no clue as to what's going on here and he's not a fan of pets so I seriously doubt that he got word and decided to help. It's gone a long way toward enabling me to help Joy without hurting the family. If Joy makes it through the night I'll take her to the vet in the morning, but I am not optimistic.
If you happen by my little blog tonight, say a little prayer for us, will you? I realize there are far more important things going on the world (war, starving children, crime, famine and disease . . .), but this little thing is under my roof and very real to us and it's just killing me that I can't make this better.