1. Will you be looking for a new job?
God no. I just quit the last one so I could concentrate on 1) Being a homeschooling Mom for the next two years and 2) become a published novelist.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Hmmm . . . That's a tough one. I've gotten somewhat self protective over the last few years (dunno why). I'm not a hermit, but I can't say brightly and with great enthusiasm that I'm always looking for new friends either. Most of my relationship needs are filled by my husband and sons and the friends and family I've got.
3. New house?
Are you nuts? It's been six and half years and I've barely moved into this one.
4. What will you do differently in 2008?
Truthfully? Take better care of myself. I won't elaborate, but lets just say trying to work, raise a family, be active in my community etc, had a price and the road back to where I was before I became so over-committed is a long one.
5. New Year’s resolution?
No resolutions only decisions. See above.
6. What will you not be doing in 2008?
Umm . . . Not whining so much about being too busy?
7. Any trips planned?
I'd give anything if I could say yes to that. I'd love nothing better than to hop on a . . . boat? (I hate airplanes) and visit friends in Australia, take two weeks and drive to Wisconsin, Texas, and Canada. We are planning to drive to the Wichita Mountains to go camping this summer. I guess that counts.
Hopefully I'll get to attend my sister's and my youngest brother's weddings. She's living with her fiance and new baby and my brother doing the same. I guess they didn't get the memo.
9. Major things on your calendar?
Not that I know of.
10. What can’t you wait for?
My husband's "big" raise. It will happen down toward the end of the year. Oh! And for the presidential election.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'd like my husband to be happier within himself. I'd like to not have to worry so much about money and I'd like to have an agent write me back and say, "Yes, Mary, I'd love to represent you."
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Oops. Already answered this one.
13. What happened in 2007 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
Hmm. I decided to vote for a Democrat?
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Yes. This is on my list of concerns.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 2007?
Yes. A lot more casually now that I don't have to deal with the professional audience factor anymore.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I'm an occasional drinker. That won't change.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
That's the plan.
18. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I usually am.
19. Do you expect 2008 to be a good year for you?
Yeah. I do. I think we're due some positive changes.
20. How much did you change from this time last year until now?
I have a history of being too nice to people who've misused me or been rude. At some point in the last year, I got tired of being the patient understanding one. I think this came about because of dealing with people who do not practice the golden rule. I'm not as inclined to back down, nor am I inclined to apologize unless it's truly my fault.
21. Do you plan on having a child?
I wouldn't run screaming out the door if we did (I like being a Mom a lot), but I think we're probably done.
22. What are/were your plans for New Year’s Eve?
Movie with the kids and a glass of wine with my husband.
23. Will you/ did you have someone to kiss at midnight?
24. One wish for 2008….
I really like David's so I think I'll go with that--Peace and contentment for all!
Scotty? You up for this? :) (No pressure. Just thought it might be fun . . .)