Friday, February 08, 2008

Valentine's Day

Though I've never been able to convince my husband that Valentine's Day is ALWAYS on the 14th, he knows it's in February and checks the calendar or asks someone. And he always does something for me--sometimes to the detriment of our budget--and it's always wonderful. Last year, he wrote me a love poem which took him weeks to compose. A few years ago he memorized "How do I love thee" and recited it to me over a breakfast he'd made for me. When we were dating, he wrote me a love letter that spanned two Valentine's day cards. And this is just gifts I remember right this minute. The guy understands the power of romance.

Still, I think John Place does the subject justice in his advice giving column. So for those lurkers out there who've been putting off doing something for your wife or girl friend---try something new this year--plan ahead.

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Yep, good advice indeed although I'm not looking forward to Valentine's Day this year, I'm afraid - I don't have anyone to expend my thoughtful, romantic nature on.

Siiiiiigh.

:-)

Mary O. Paddock said...

Hi Scotty,

Believe me, if I knew any attractive single women with good hearts, I'd send them your way without hesitation.

Scotty said...

Aaaaw, thanks, Mary.

:-)