Friday, June 06, 2008

Impossible Things

I found a quote on someone else's blog this morning and I'm snitching it. They were talking about big--huge--important issues like Bush and Iraq and the state of the world. And while there is no arguing that things are a mess and that Bush lied (or was lied to?), and that the commercialization of the war (blackwater, etc) is a despicable shame and impeachment (can they do that retroactively if they don't figure it out until he's left office?) should be on the table, I don't feel like talking politics today. Sometimes my own problems are enough for my head, you know? Surviving lean times is hard work and today was leaner than usual.

But I like this quote. To me it says something about having faith when there's no logical reason to do so.

Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things." "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." (Through the Looking Glass)

I'll break 10,000 words today. Yesterday was a slow writing day or I'd have already passed it by.

Nothing from the agents I have letters out with, or the magazine my article is with, but I'm expecting to hear from them over the next week or two.

Speaking of faith in the impossible . . .

No comments: