Friday, January 23, 2009

WOW

Weekend Of Worship. That's where I'm going early tomorrow morning. I will be joining more than two thousand teenagers and numerous adults for two days of Christian rock played at top volume, dramatic acts, and various speakers. All of it aimed at the thirteen to twenty age group. We will sleep on the floor in some cold church tomorrow night (and I use the word "sleep" loosely). The kids cant' wait. I'm wondering when I get to sign on for an operation that reserves motel rooms.

On a brighter note, some big names like this one will be performing. But the really cool part is that Jeremiah's band, Testify, will be playing as well. He's beside himself with excitement. I'm hoping to get lots of pictures.

PS. I sent five query letters out today. I'm very interested in one in particular and will be on pins and needles until she replies . . .

3 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Wow is an awesome experience for teens. I'll definately be sending my kids when they're a little older -- hopefully I can chaperone too.

Scotty said...

Have yourself a great time, Mary, and tell Jeremiah good luck from me.

Pictures sounds good...

:-)

Mary O. Paddock said...

Hi Ray! Isn't your oldest old enough now? When you do, you might want to pack along something better to sleep on than I did. :)

I did Scotty, thanks.