Friday, September 14, 2012

Sons of Joy

My dad, who you might recall lives in Montana and not often seen in these parts, is coming for a very recently announced (as in "did not ask if it was a good time") visit. So I'm somewhat preoccupied with trying to stay out of the bottle (a joke, but only sort of), studying, writing papers, editing "The Way of Things" and cleaning house, etc. Consequently this week's post is very short. I will try to cram another in if I can.

However in other (much happier) news, blogger Stacey Roberts who writes Trailer Trash, With a Girl's Name also has a podcast which he co-hosts with Mark Gosson who is also the author of the Xombee Guy  comic strip (Mark's other claim to fame is as the college roommate in My Mother the Doctor Part II  on Stacey's blog). Stacey reviewed my short story collection Sing earlier this week. The review can be found on:  SOJ (Sons of Joy) Podcast . Sing can be found on Amazon (ebook and hard copy), Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, and other e-book sites.

I do feel it important to tell you that you shouldn't stop at just listening to this podcast but the previous ones as well. And you should certainly subscribe. These guys are smart, funny, and easy to listen to. My personal favorite is the episode in which they discuss telling the truth and all the shades there-of. They even have an answer to the age old question, "Do these pants make me look fat?"

As for me I'm going to continue cleaning in places that no one looks and studying Hume and Jane Austen.

1 comment:

Stacey Roberts said...

Mary - thanks for the mention of all our various projects. You've heard it from me before, but Sing is a great book. I enjoyed having the opportunity to talk about it on the podcast.