Sunday, May 02, 2010

Baker Creek

Gary and I are going to the Baker Creek Spring Planting Festival. We'll be camping tonight so I can enjoy as much of it as possible.

Quoting their site: Enjoy a sense of community with fascinating seed collectors, renowned musicians, national speakers, historic demonstrators, food activists, home schoolers, western re-enactors, organic growers, gourmet chefs, *free thinkers, historic farm animals & poultry, Ozarkian crafters, trendy vendors & herbal *hippies . . .


I am remarkably excited about this  .  Gary is not quite so enthused. When he heard the words "free thinkers" and "hippies", he asked, "Do I have to talk to any of them?"

"No," I replied. "You can stand around with your arms crossed, looking disapproving like you used to do."

He grinned and asked if he should shave or let it all hang out. Gary's come a long way in twenty years. You should have been around when we first got married. We were kind of like Dharma and Greg--with no laugh track-- with me constantly translating my parent's funky perspective on the world and him trying to smooth the way between me and his own very mainstream family.

There will be pictures and stuff when I return.

*My People!

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Have yourself a heap of fun, Mary.

:-)

Mary O. Paddock said...

We did Scotty! We did.