Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hurray!

A short story I sent out in October made it past the slush pile of a hard copy magazine. This pleases me even more than usual because a) it's a hard copy and it's time to start breaking into that market and b) because this story is a personal favorite.

I sent "Sing" to a friend to read who told me that it was a strong piece. However, he is somewhat biased as it was dedicated to him. He did advise against running it through a test market as he thinks it's as good as it's going to be and doesn't want it homogenized. I've already posted it on TUF, but may pull it if I don't get a response soon. It's not that important that I get feedback on this one and I suspect it's simply too long to hold the attention of most online readers. It's good work.

No comments: