Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Quiet for a while, but . . .

I've been too busy to blog for the last couple of weeks, largely because I've been busy writing, working and schooling the boys. I finished a short story entitled "Sing" and have shot it over to TUF in search of a test audience. My husband liked it, but he's suspect as I sort of pay him to like my work.

If it's as good on the page as it is in my head, then I'll do a couple of quick edits and send it out to one of a couple of target markets. One of them has turned my work down multiple times, but it's been a couple of years since my last attempt. The editor sent back a high-handed reply last time around to the effect of, "This isn't a story. There's nothing appealing about it." It was picked up by a better market its next time out. However, they do publish some nice sci-fi fantasy type work and it wouldn't hurt to be seen there.

No comments: