Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I got nothin'

I am dead-dry tonight. Not a good sign at all. I've been plotting the story for months, but I haven't found the key to the "front door" yet. No magic "in". You know-- the opening line--

Witness Tree was easy for some reason. Probably because it was all a "right brained" thing. I needed a silent witness who would not understand what he saw, someone who couldn't accidentally give anything away. The cat came trotting out of the bushes.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling under the gun with respect to so many other projects in my life--youth group tomorrow, teaching classes on Friday, and that damnable Recognition Dinner/Awards ceremony that I'm organizing on Saturday night. As of Sunday a whole lot of pressure is off. I hate to wait until then to start, but that's what I'm tempted to do.

Ahh well. I'll drink some coffee and see if I can wake up enough to function.

No comments: