Friday, November 24, 2006

Holidays and writing and the flu

I've been sick since last Saturday. This is the longest time I've been down in probably three years. I get lots of little colds and viruses because of my profession, but this one is not little. Though my chest is hurting this morning, I didn't wake up coughing for the first time in several days and I managed to sleep without medical aid for the first time last night so maybe this is a turning point.

It's been a great Thanksgiving otherwise--had a friend and her daughter over yesterday and spent the evening with family. If I felt better I'd post some observations about members, but this morning I've logged in largely just to say that I'm at 25,000 words in the NaNoWrimo thing and while I doubt I'm going to make the 50,000 word mark at this point, I'm very satisfied with the story. I suspect I will see between 35,000 and 40,000 next week and that's more I've ever written in a short period of time--ever. This is a substantial head start on this book.

I've now got to figure out how to balance editing Witness Tree with writing this story as well. I think if I can keep up the current pace this work will be completed in mid January or so and maybe I can put it down for a while and finish the final edit of the last third of Witness Tree then.

No comments: