Wednesday, December 19, 2007

1408

I'll say this much for it--I don't have to see it twice to be sure it scared the crap out of me. This one will go straight back to Netflix in the morning. Think "The Shining" only shorter and more intense.

One critic said that it wouldn't have worked if it hadn't been for Cusack. I have to agree, but for probably different reasons. I likely wouldn't have finished it if I didn't have John's ever so handsome face looking back at me from time to time as he encouraged me along.

Come on, Mary! Don't give up now! It will be worth it in the end. I haven't failed you yet, have I? It's just a little further now. See that light up ahead? Well that's not it, but the next one--the next one--that'll be the moment it all makes sense.

What? Your favorite sex-god actors don't take a time out from fighting evil entities to talk to you? How sad.

The scene with the daughter in his arms was just about too much. No spoilers here, but enter at your own risk.

As for me, I'm making my husband check all the closets and under the bed tonight before we go to sleep.

No comments: