Thursday, April 24, 2008

The right to vote

If I was going to get excited about a conspiracy, this would be it.



I was inspired to look up the phrase "selected not elected" by today's entry on Dennis Bryant's Blog. I don't think this was quite what Dennis hoped to inspire in readers, but it is the path my mind travels when left alone with nothing to do for too long, much like a little boy left with an indoor fountain, some orange juice, and lots of easily wadded up paper. (And yes, I was speaking autobiographically).

So I searched the internet and turned up some interesting information about Clint Curtis and was startled to learn that he might not be a crackpot.

And I dug some more and ran across the Black Box Voting Forums.

I'm still researching this. I'd very much like to believe it ain't so.

The right to vote is almost sacred in this country and the idea that people out there are manipulating the numbers concerns me a great deal. With elections on the horizon, I'm keeping a paranoid eye on the people who want to hold office badly enough to cheat me of that right.

This would be the kind of issue I'd go to the mat for.

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Wow, Mary. One person, one vote, eh? If that video is true, it's scary.

I've always liked your voting system to a great degree, unlike the Westminster System we use here in Australia.

Is there always a hidden price to democracy?

Dennis Bryant said...

I don't know.

Whenever I'm tempted to believe a conspiracy theory, I remind myself of Hanlon's Razor--

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

On the other hand, nothing really surprises me anymore...