Thursday, May 07, 2009

Home cooked music

In case you missed it, I like music best when it's created by every day folk; no egos, no big recording contracts, just people doing what we've have been doing for millions of years-making a joyful noise. In my opinion, the recent efforts of various organizations such as Playing for Change to bring musicians from all around the world together to showcase, unify, and combine their various sounds is one of mankind's better ideas.



By the way, I snitched this from The Fly over Blog. Thanks for sharing Deb!

5 comments:

Scotty said...

That was awesome, Mary - I was particularly taken by Grandpa Elliot, both his voice and his harmonica playing. Thanks for that - it bought a smile to my face for sure.

:-)

Mary O. Paddock said...

Isn't his face just great? 'Kind of makes you wish you could paint, doesn't it? I loved his voice too.

I was quite impressed with the way they included native americans as well.

Debby said...

There was something mesmerizing about Grandpa Elliot's face. He had the face of a man who was doing what he loved as well as he could. His voice was rich and lovely.

Pencil Writer said...

Just a break in here to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day!

Mary O. Paddock said...

Hey PW! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Yes there was, Debby.