Friday, March 05, 2010

Crickets

I have a cold, not generally worth mentioning, but this one's brought along a new symptom just to keep things interesting. As if its dizzying company was not already enough.

My ears are ringing. They're ringing a lot. One is worse than the other and it's waking me up at night. It's like a really loud chorus of crickets has taken up residence in my head. I used to like crickets.

I am going to go drink some theraflu and throw things at the fourteen year old lady's man who hugged the girl who had this cold in the first place. I'm going to suggest he flirt with healthier people from now on.

6 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Well, you can catch worse from too much huggin'. Be glad it's just a cold :)

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Scotty said...

Aaaaw - hope you're feeling better soon, Mary.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, colds can be so miserable. I do hope you feel better very soon!

Debby said...

Sometimes cold medicines affect my ears, causing ringing, even switching from one brand to another because it is on sale.

My coughing mingles with yours. Want to do synchronized nose blowing? This is week two for me.

Pencil Writer said...

Is the end of the coughing, sneezing and runny nose in sight, y'all? I'm ready--somewhere in front, behind, or beside you. If we run fast enough (and I'm not sure I can run, I'm so worn out with it all) maybe we can out run it??? Maybe?

Mary O. Paddock said...

Thanks Mrs C.

Scotty--Thank you also. :)

RH--Thank you.

Debby--This seems to be related to the ears themselves. Sinus maybe? I really only suffered minor cold symptoms compared to Sam and Joe who got it in their chests.

PW! Hello there. I am all for out running this thing.