Friday, March 12, 2010

I think I'll go eat some worms . . . (A blog entry about nothing)

I am supremely irritated at blogger. It ate half of last night's entry (the one referencing the blogger award Ray Veen gave me). When I walked away from it, I had all but one lie story told and was well on my way with the last one. This morning I found that it didn't save three of the six entries, even though I told it to. One of them (my favorite of course) was rather long.  Grumbles . . . dumb old blogger.

Dumb weather. I want to play in my garden, but the forecast calls for rain and snow today. I spent a heady two days outside earlier this week as my husband and stepfather tilled the soil and I came behind them tossing rocks, digging beds, and planting seed that tolerates cold weather. But I have tons more to do. I am so ready for winter to be over and done with and so very ready to plant things.

Ears still ringing . . . I don't want to whine, but this is getting really old. Decongestants help a little, but only a little. The "crickets" are loudest at night and make it hard to concentrated during the day.  Dumb ears . . .

I will be back after I've finished stomping around a bit and muttering about technology and other annoying facts of life.

4 comments:

joehebden said...

It has felt like a long winter...and spring is slow to come...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary ~ my sinus infection did a similar thing to my ears...i found relief with a rice sock (rice in a sock, warmed 2(+/-) minutes in the microwave. I used a longer like tube sock and was able to drap it from one ear, across the eyes, and onto the other ear. after twenty minutes i felt a lot better. been doing it off and on..seem to be on the mend. feel better soon, eileen

Mrs. C said...

Still sick!?? That really stinks!

Mary Paddock said...

Hi Joe, thanks for stopping by. Yes, spring never comes fast enough for me.

Eileen--Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to try it today.

Mrs C--I've never been quite as sick as it made everyone else. In my case it keeps sort of trickling in a few symptoms at a time over about three weeks. I would have settled for an all at once illness. The worst part of it is the lousy ringing.