Sunday, August 05, 2012

Leigh Whitney Nye

This story was brought to my attention by fellow author and friend, DK Raymer, over at I also Write. Thanks Deb.

Leigh Whitney Nye was a young author who had just finished her first novel  when she and her brother Matthew were killed in a car wreck.  In a split second, her parents lost both of their children. Frankly this is too close to home (as the mother of teen and young adult drivers) for me to even think about without getting emotional, so I'm not going to dwell on this today.

What I am going to do is pass along a very special request. Leigh's parents decided to fulfill Leigh's dream of being a published author and have placed her ebook, New Orleans Sunset on Amazon as a tribute. Please consider stopping by and purchasing it and, if you wouldn't mind, share her story on you blog and/or among your friends on facebook, twitter, etc. It's also available on Barnes n Nobles. It's also available in hard copy. The proceeds from the sales will go to the Catholic school Leigh and Matthew attended as children.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a touching story. I'll check it out.

Welcome to IWSG. :)


IWSG #178 (At least until Alex culls the list again. :P)

Mary O. Paddock said...

Hi Leigh. Sorry I missed this entry. Thanks for stopping by.