Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Coming Soon

My first collection of short stories will be available on Kindle within the next couple of weeks. As a matter of practicality I decided to start with previously published work (with the exception of one story, written as a final project for an English class last fall---But the professor pronounced it "publishable").  The work has already been vetted by those who know more about publishing than I do, so I'm confident that I'm sending out solid work.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you a preview of the lovely cover designed by Jeremiah Paddock, who did just an awesome job. And I'm not just saying that because he's my kid.






Book Description:
A collection of whimsical science fiction short stories and vignettes about a man who doesn't understand women or whales, pioneers and buffalo--on Mars, a 911 call gone wrong, a woman who cries when it rains (or is it the other way around?), a farmer who is guarding his harvest, a cop who didn't arrive in time to save his partner from a bullet, and the mystery that is Lucy. 

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Woo-hoo! I'll be getting a copy of that when it's available...

:-)

Hal Johnson said...

Looking forward to it!

Mary O. Paddock said...

Thanks guys! :)