Thursday, June 28, 2007

Three wishes

Fifteen pages. That's what I accomplished today. I am fretting about the pacing, but then I always am. I hate editing.

When my fairy god mother finally finds me (She's the woman in the pumpkin carriage who just passed your house for the third time--please go out and tell her to go left at the stop light--no, no, the other left) I'm only going to ask for one thing. We're way past handsome princes, balls and glass slippers. These days it's a middle aged husband, the grocery store and tennis shoes. Now I'll just settle for being able to write a perfect copy the first time. Oh and an agent. And world peace of course.

4 comments:

Dennis Bryant said...

Want to hear something funny? I was getting very few hits on my blog until I posted that entry on the Olean Testicle Festival. Since then I've been getting hundreds. I wonder what that says about society...

Mary O. Paddock said...

I get the ones about people jumping off of things. 'Worries me a bit sometimes.

Good to see you blogging. By the way, I read your short stories too. I especially liked "The Encounter".

Bandersnatchi said...

Still no agent, eh?
Better check that Christmas list to Santa.

I'm sending you a pat on the back for the 15 pages. What is that 4500 words? Practising for nano?

Good job.

bander

Mary O. Paddock said...

'Lo Bander

You sort of have to have a polished manuscript before you can even approach an agent. I'm still sanding and painting.